One of the primary goals of the admin is to make the system easy so, that users can get their work done fast. For this, you need to reduce the clicks and get them all the information they needed in a fast and easy way.
If you see the Salesforce classic related list it provides a rich data view than the Lightning experience default(Tile) related list.
The “Enhanced Related Lists” in the Summer ’19 going to save the time of users, related list in this release is more powerful, this will allow displaying more data and fewer clicks. Using lightning app builder you can add new “Enhanced Related List” standard component to any record page.
Enhanced Related Lists Features:
- You can set how many records you want to display in the related list table.
- Enable wrap text in the column.
- Resizable column so that you can see all the data in a row.
- Now, you can also filter the related list based on the different filter criteria.
- Show/Hide action bar.
Steps to add Enhanced related list in lightning experience:
1. Go To | Record detail page | Click on setup | Edit Page
2. Drag the related list from the left sidebar in Related tab.
3. Now change the Related List Type to “Enhanced List”.
Now you can see the Enhanced list in the page. You can change the number of records display and can show/hide the action bar on the list.
Save and Activate the page.
Output: You can resize the column, wrap and clip the texts of the column.
Click on View All and then apply the filter (shown below).